Graphic Designer (DTP)
Funktional is an award-winning agency that provides strategic branding services combined with handcrafted digital solutions to multi-national companies worldwide. Some of our clients include UNICEF, AON, Maspex (Kubuś, Alcalia, Tymbark, Decomorreno, Tarczyn), Tupperware, Bratex, Link4, and many others. Our agency provides a broad range of print and digital design services along with complex brand development processes and immersive UX/UI design and development making us a unique partner for our clients.
We are seeking a DTP skilled Graphic Designer with 2-3 years’ experience to support our expanding Studio. The successful applicant will be highly specialized in DTP with good skills in print and digital design. You will work closely with the creative and digital design teams, bringing inspiring creativity to a variety of tasks, delivering on client objectives by meeting deadlines and budget, whilst ensuring the high expectations and standards are achieved.
Most importantly we are looking for someone with an eye for details, you should be able to spot double spaces, errors in copied content, and even the slightest grid displacement with ease. You should actually feel discomfort when you see such errors :)
Scope of work*
- Working alongside the design team to ensure all design requests are delivered within the set deadlines
- Typesetting pages, verifying comments, and preparing print files for printing-house
- Preparing different language versions of source documents according to given pagination, marketing data, schedule, checklist, etc. and other marketing requirements
- Production of creative deliverables - both printed (catalogs, brochures, posters, flyers, etc.) and digital (social media posts, KV reformating, etc.)
- Photo retouching and color corrections
- Cooperating in English with international environment
*DTP and print experience is more important for us so do not worry if digital is not your area of expertise.
2+ years of experience in branding, advertising or creative agency on a DTP related position backed by an interesting portfolio
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Great reading comprehension, super attention to typos, details (each mm/pixel counts), and consistency in design
- Proven ability to innovatively apply and perform design skills, including typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout
- Ability to manage work independently, complete projects on a timely basis, and execute projects according to schedules
- Working knowledge of prepress: printing techniques (offset, digital, large format), color separations, ICC profiles, trapping, Pantone colors, types of refinements (UV varnish, primers, signature strips, hot stamping, cutting dies, etc.)
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- English language level that allows working on projects for international clients
What we offer
- Salary adequate to skills and experience
- Preferable form of employment is a B2B contract but other forms are also possible
- Freedom to work the way that brings you the most joy
- Working with very talented and passionate strategists, designers, marketers, and engineers building top-notch solutions for the biggest polish and international brands
- Work culture based on empathy, trust, and transparency
- Everything else we offer to our employees is listed on the careers main page
- 21-26 days of paid holidays per year (+ additionally paid bank holidays)
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible working hours + partial remote work (we work in hybrid mode)
- Private medical care (PZU Zdrowie)
We accept CV's both in Polish and English
You can find instructions on how we process your data here.